Thursday, September 9, 2010

High School Memories

I recently saw a picture of my high school and early college boyfriend, in a yearbook picture on his facebook page.  He looked so sweet and innocent.  That was before I corrupted him, I guess.  In the end he broke my heart, but I recovered and still love him to  this day.  We had a special bond, but alas as it turns out, we're both gay.  He has been in a great relationship for years and seems so happy.  I am proud of him.  I have been with my partner for 23 years and counting.  I too am very happy.  You couldn't have told me this was how it was going to play out, when he broke my heart.  I mourned him for years.  I even married someone I didn't love to try to erase him from my memory.  I couldn't.  He was my first love and I had a very hard time getting past it.  I had a son, divorced my husband and went back to school.  I focused on me for a change and got my act together.  And then I met this woman and my life was changed forever.  I am so fortunate to have found my missing piece.  Some high school memories can make you thankful for what you have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment